Welcome to the Healthwatch Halton Advocacy HUB
We offer free, confidential and independent advocacy support to Halton residents who need help to have their voice heard in relation to health and social care needs.
The HUB brings together a range of statutory advocacy services, through a single point of access, making it simpler and easier for people to get the right support they need from an advocate when they need it.
The following services are provided within the HUB:
- IMCA (Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy)
- DoLS S39A, s39C, s39D
- Paid RPR (Relevant Persons Representative)
- IMHA (Independent Mental Health Advocacy)
- Care Act Advocacy
- NHS Complaints Advocacy
What is advocacy?
- Ensuring people are able to have their voice heard on issues that are important to them
- Making sure that any decisions being taken about a person genuinely take into account their views, wishes and feelings
- Safeguarding and defending a person’s rights