Terms & Conditions
The purpose of the Healthwatch Halton Feedback Centre is for individuals to publicly share their experiences of health and social care services in Halton. Each review reflects an individual’s views and experiences of a particular service and the reviews should not be taken as an objective evaluation of the quality of local provision.
All reviews submitted to the Healthwatch Halton Feedback Centre are subject to the agreement of the website’s terms and conditions. The ‘Leave review’ feature allows you to leave a review about the service that you, a friend or a family member received.
Service providers are not obliged to read or respond to reviews about their service, though many do. If you want a reply to your feedback you should contact the service provider directly.
If you have any concerns about the content which appears on the Healthwatch Halton website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Healthwatch Halton reserve the right to decide which reviews will get published, amended or archived.
Healthwatch Halton welcomes all feedback but in a very few cases we may be required to make some amendments to a review in order to meet the Terms and Conditions set out below. These amendments should not substantively alter the original content of the review.
All contributions to Healthwatch Halton’s website must be:
- Respectful of others. Any reviews containing unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, obscene, sexually suggestive, racist, homophobic, sexist language or language promoting hatred of any group or individual will not be published.
- Of a nature which ensures the safety of other service users, carers and individuals working in the health and social care sector, by not using any personally identifiable information (e.g. names; specific dates or times; addresses; email addresses; phone numbers or social media handles). This information will be removed by Healthwatch Halton during the moderation process.
- Relevant to a service(s). If a review could be better attributed to an alternative service, Healthwatch Halton will edit the placement during the moderation process. If the review could be attributed to more than one service, Healthwatch Halton will contact you to ask to which service provider the review would be most appropriately attributed.
- Up-to-date. Healthwatch Halton endeavour to capture reviews within the last two years. If you leave a review and explicitly state that it is older than two years, Healthwatch Halton may archive this review in the moderation process.
- Fair, truthful and honest. Any reviews that contain speculative information or knowingly untrue statements will not be published because they can damage a person/service provider’s reputation and are against the law (The Defamation Act). Any reviews that are clearly intended to discourage a person from using a service will be moderated or removed.
- In your own words. Any reviews that have been copyrighted from another source will not be published.
Contributions must not:
- Make accusations of clinical negligence in which an individual is identified. Reviews of this nature will not be published and you will be contacted and informed of our decision. The relevant formal complaints procedure will also be explained at this time.
- Make accusations of criminal activity. If you have left a review of this nature, you will be contacted and informed to contact the organisation/service provider directly or in more serious cases, the police.
- Be made where there is a formal investigation currently taking place. Healthwatch Halton will consider the implications of publishing the review on the public facing website and may decide not to publish the review.
- Contain commercial information trying to promote, advertise or market anything. All such reviews will be removed.
If Healthwatch Halton is concerned that a review may constitute a risk of abuse or neglect, the review will be passed onto the Healthwatch Halton Safeguarding Lead and appropriate actions will be followed to ensure the safety of the individual(s). This could be to contact you and signpost you to a support agency or to inform you that the details of the review will be passed onto the Safeguarding Team at Halton County Council and also to inform you that the review will not be published.
Moderation Process Timeframe
Healthwatch Halton will endeavour to moderate all incoming reviews within one working week of receiving them. There are some instances whereby one working week will not be long enough and if this is the case Healthwatch Halton will moderate the reviews as soon after this time as possible. Reasons for delays in moderation are as follows:
- A large input of reviews – for example, due to the collection of a number of reviews at an engagement event
- The review may be very long or complex, taking time to moderate effectively
- Healthwatch Halton may need to contact the reviewer to clarify the experience or to ask further questions
- The review may raise legal/safeguarding issues whereby advice will be sought
By reading and accepting these terms and conditions and submitting your review to the Healthwatch Halton Feedback Centre, you have consented to your review being public facing and therefore it will not be confidential due to the nature of the website. You do not have to leave any personal details along with your review and can tick the box to say your review will be anonymous.
If you do not want to give Healthwatch Halton permission to use your contribution on the Healthwatch Halton Feedback Centre, please do not submit your review.
By submitting your review to our feedback centre you are giving permission for us to use your feedback anonymously in promotional materials. This includes featuring your review in reports, on our website and on our social media channels.
Right to reply
The service provider will be able to respond to your comments to demonstrate where improvements have been made, or to help you find or access helpful information. You will be notified if the service provider has responded to your review. You will not be able to reply to their response, but you can get in contact with us if you wish to pass any further comments along.
Email addresses and postcodes
Healthwatch Halton captures your email address so that you can be contacted if:
- The review contains any information which could be interpreted as a safeguarding issue.
- The review contains information which needs some clarification.
- Healthwatch Halton is unable to publish the review for one of the detailed reasons.
- You tick the box wishing for more information surrounding the complaints procedure.
- You would like to receive the Healthwatch Halton e-bulletin.
- A service provider responds to your review
Your email address will never be displayed on the public facing website and we will not share your personal information unless we have concerns for your safety or for the safety of someone else.
We ask for the first half of your postcode so that we can share your experience with the people who are responsible for your care. It will also help us to find out if other people in your area have had a similar experience
Terms of website use
These terms and conditions tell you how our website is managed and how you are protected when you are using our site. By using our site, you indicate you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms, you should leave the site immediately.
Using our site
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
We are licensed by Healthwatch England to use the Healthwatch logo. Healthwatch England only allows those organisations which it has licensed to use the Healthwatch logo. The Healthwatch logo is a registered trademark and is protected under trademark law. The use of the Healthwatch logo without permission of Healthwatch England constitutes an infringement of its trademark.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
You may not use the website or access it for any purpose, and/or to upload any content or data, which involves the transmission or other making available of any computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment (including, without limitation, any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb or spyware).
Links from our site
Although we will endeavour to maintain links to other websites, we cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability or reliability of linked pages.
Our website and material, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We do not warrant that the functions in the material contained on this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, or reliability of the materials.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of our site.
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and whilst we will endeavour to ensure information is up to date we are under no obligation to do so.
Information about us
This site is operated by Engaging Communities Solutions (CIC). ECS is a Community Interest Company, registered in England and Wales, registration number: 8026718
Our registered office is Gibson House, Hurricane Court, Hurricane Close, Stafford, ST16 1GZ.
We are contracted by the Local Authority to deliver local Healthwatch services, pursuant to the Councils statutory responsibility to put into place arrangements for local Healthwatch.
Information about you and your visits to our site
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact SAR@weareecs.co.uk
Thank you for visiting our site