Patient Feedback report tabled at WHH’s Patient Experience Committee meeting in September 2020 Based on 24 comments received through the #BecauseWeAllCare survey in July
The report made the following recommendations:
- Remind staff of the appropriate procedures for supporting patients with hearing difficulties.
- End of life care – The Trust’s website describes Palliative Care as ‘an approach that strives to improve the quality of life of patients and their families who face life- threatening illness, by providing pain and symptom relief, spiritual and psychosocial support from diagnosis to the end of life into bereavement’. Ensure staff on all wards are informed again of the support for patients and their families available from the palliative care team.
- Maternity – Ensure that staff are reminded of the Trust’s infant feeding policy and the need to support mothers who wish to breastfeed.
- Ensure that staff can access help for patients who may need mental health support.
- We were alarmed to read the feedback from a mother who said she noticed the wrong name tags on her baby. We would request a formal response from the Trust on this incident.